CleanSource has established and/or administers 8 programs under the SAVESSM platform in 5 states, representing $166M in subsadized funding supporting $458MM in project financing for over 134 projects. Examples include the AlabamaSAVESSM Participating Loan Program on behalf of the Alabama Department of Economic and Community Affairs and the VirginiaSAVESSM Green Community Program on behalf of the Virginia Department of Mines Minerals and Energy.
CleanSource has also designed and administers the SAVESSM Green Community Programs in South Carolina (SouthCarolinaSAVESSM), North Carolina (NorthCarolinaSAVESSM) and Virginia (VirginiaSAVESSM) which used Qualified Energy Conservation Bonds (“QECBs”) for funding over $150MM in 23 energy conservation and environmental sustainability projects. With the elimination of the QECBs in the 2017 Tax Cut and Jobs Act, CleanSource is transitioning these programs to working with “Green Bonds” in accordance with the Voluntary Green Bond Principles as published by the International Capital Markets Association.
Program Design & Administration
- Designed to meet program sponsor's objectives
- Marketing and origination
- Project qualification and credit underwriting
- Loan fulfillment, closing, and funding
- Measurement, verification, and reporting of project performance
- Stakeholder communication
- Renewable energy generation and distributed generation
- Energy efficiency in new and refurbished buildings
- Waste recovery and recycling
- Clean transportation and alternative fuels
- Sustainable water and wastewater management
- Eco-efficient and circular economy adapted products, production technologies and processes
- Green buildings meeting regional, national, or international standards or certifications
Sustainable And Verifiable
- CleanSource’s proprietary financing platform deployed in 8 programs across 5 states
- Established origination, servicing, and credit underwriting standards
- Energy underwriting protocols
- Flexible credit and financial underwriting standards
- Energy measurement and verification, contractor and auditor standards, and overall process management
AlabamaSAVES SM, NorthCarolinaSAVES SM, SouthCarolinSAVES SM, and VirginiaSAVES SM, SAVES SM, and Sustainable and Verifiable Energy Savings (SAVES SM) are servicemarks of CleanSource Capital, LLC.